Server-Side Networks Setup
The ironSource Server-Side Network module enables developers to connect with additional demand sources without the need to integrate any additional SDK or adapters. All you need to do is define your preferred ad networks on the ironSource platform and you’ll be serving ads on your app in no time! This feature is currently available for Rewarded Video and Interstitial. Follow the below steps to set up this feature in your ironSource account.
The ironSource Server Side Networks module runs with official IAB VAST tags version 2.0 only and is available for ironSource SDK version 6.4.17+.
Step 1. Navigate to the Server Side Networks Module
Step 2. Create New Tag for Specific App
Select the app that you’d like to serve ads on through the server side network and click ‘+ New Tag‘. Tags represent the ad sources available on the ironSource platform. Each app can have up to 5 active tags at a given time.
Step 3. Fill in Tag Details & Activate
Enter Tag Details
Fill in the following details in the window displayed below:
- Tag Name: Enter the name of the ad network for this tag will represent the tag in the Management & Reports modules on the ironSource dashboard
- Tag URL: Insert the tag URL provided to you by the selected ad network. The URL must use the https prefix. You may need to adjust the macros in the tag. Check out our supported Macros in the Macro Reference Table on the bottom of the article.
- Ad Unit: Select ad unit type. Supported ad units are Rewarded Video and Interstitial
- Countries: Select the countries where you’d like to serve ad inventory through this tag. If you have a direct eCPM deal per country with the ad network, you’ll need to create separate tags for each of specific deal.
- CPM: Set the CPM for this tag as agreed with the ad network
Activate the Tag
Start serving ads by turning the toggle to active. Ads from this ad network will then be served on your app!
Done! You’ve successfully set up a server-side network.
MACRO] and adjoin other parameters with ‘&‘. There may be dynamic parameters in the tag that ironSource doesn’t support; these should be optional so the tag can deliver ads in the case they are not set.
|[IP]||Device IP Address||String|
|[UA]||Device User Agent||String|
|[IFA]||Device advertising identifier. Android: GAID, iOS: IDFA||String|
|[MD5_ADV_ID]||MD5 Hashed Device advertising identifier||String|
|[GDPR_CONSENT]||GDPR User Consent||Boolean|
|[HEIGHT]||Desired Ad Height||String|
|[WIDTH]||Desired Ad Width||String|
|[APP_BUNDLE_ID]||Application Bundle ID||String|
|[APP_STORE_URL]||Application Store URL||String|
|[APP_CATEGORY]||App Category in the Store||String|
|[LAT]||Denotes the setting for “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in the device||Boolean|
|[LAT_STRING]||Same as [LAT], where 1=”true” & 0=”false”||String|
|[OS_VERSION]||Device OS Version||String|
|[API_Level]||Android Device Api Level||Integer|
|[TIME_STAMP]||Device Time Stamp||String|
|[CARRIER]||Device Service Provider||String|
|[NETWORK]||Device Mobile Network Code||String|
|[SDK_VERSION]||ironSource SDK Version||String|