Maio Mediation Integration Guide
This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set Maio live as an Ad Network on the Unity LevelPlay Mediation.
Step 1. Create an account at Maio
Sign up for an account at Maio here to access their ad inventory through the Unity LevelPlay Mediation.
Step 2. Add Your App and Create an Ad Zone
Add Your App
Once you’ve set up your account, add your app to the Maio dashboard. To do this, navigate to the Application Management page and click on ‘New Application‘:
Then fill in the following:
- App URL
Create an Ad Zone
Once you’ve added your app to the dashboard, you must create an ad zone. In Maio’s system Zones are Placements to which Maio delivers ads. This will be the placement in your app where you have configured the Rewarded Video or Interstitial to show.
On the ‘Application Management’ page, you will see a table with the app you added. Go to the last column and click on ‘New Zone‘:
Enter a name for this zone and click ‘Update‘.
Step 3. Activate Maio in the ironSource SDK Networks Module
There are a few parameters from your Maio account which need to be inserted into the SDK Networks Setup Module in order for Maio to work correctly in connection with ironSource:
|API Key||This is the unique key for your Maio account.|
|API ID||This is the unique identifier for your Maio account.|
|App ID||This is the unique identifier of your application in Maio’s system.|
|Media ID||This is the unique identifier of the ad unit.|
|Zone ID||This is the unique zone to which Maio will deliver ads to.|
Once you obtain the necessary parameters, you must configure Maio’s parameters in your ironSource account. By adding the above information correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of Maio’s ad inventory and reporting data on the Unity LevelPlay mediation.
Enter Maio’s Data in Your ironSource Account
- Log in to your ironSource account and go to ‘Monetize‘ ➣ ‘Mediation‘ ➣ ‘SDK Networks‘. Select Maio from the list of Available Ad Networks list:
- Enter your account’s API Key and API ID. Click ‘Save‘.
- Maio will then be enabled in the Available Ad Networks table.
- Make sure to define the app on which you’d like to run Unity LevelPlay Mediation with Maio. Go to Maio on the setup list of ad networks and click on the ‘Define‘ icon:
- Enter your App ID, Media ID and Zone ID (for the relevant ad units) and click ‘Save‘.
- Verify your integration with the Reporting API; this column will check your integration through the Reporting API and return three possible responses: Verified, Failed and No Response. Double check your integration and the information you entered above; then click ‘Retry’ until you see ‘Verified’. Once you the reporting API verifies the integration, turn the status of the ad unit to Active.
Step 4. Add the Maio Adapter to Your Build
Unity Integration Manager (Recommended)
Once you’ve completed SDK integration, you can download Maio Adapter, using the Unity Integration Manager.
In your Unity Development platform, go to ironSource > Integration Manager
If you already have the latest version of the adapters, the action button will be changed to “Updated”, and will be disabled.
Android (Manual Resolve)
To apply your changes, make sure you use the “Resolve” process. This will download all relevant artifacts, according to your choices. For detailed information see instructions here.
Android Plugin Manual Integration
- Download the maio android adapter and SDK
Download adapter and SDK files from here.
- Add the maio files to your Unity project
Import the files into Assets/Plugins/Android/.
- Update AndroidManifest.xml
As of Maio Android adapter version 4.1.5+ (Android SDK Version 6.17.0), Maio adapter will be released as AAR. Only if you intend to keep your Jar integration, please add the manifest.
Add the following activities to your manifest:
<activity android:name="jp.maio.sdk.android.AdFullscreenActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|screenLayout|screenSize" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" > </activity> <activity android:name="jp.maio.sdk.android.HtmlBasedAdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" > </activity>
iOS Plugin Manual Integration
- Download the maio iOS adapter and SDK
Download the adapter and SDK from here.
- Add the maio files to your Unity project
Import adapter and SDK files into Assets/Plugins/iOS.
Our Unity Plugin adds the necessary frameworks automatically to your Xcode project.
You are now all set to deliver Maio Ads within your application!
To add additional mediation Ad networks, integrate the ironSource adapters and follow our integration guides.