How to test your network’s adapter
This guide will assist you in verifying your custom adapters readiness to use by publishers.
Step 1: Setup a new test app
First, to test your network under ironSource mediation, create an ironSource account.
Then, create a new app in your account.
Add your network and configure all ad units that you wish to support as part of ironSource mediation. Learn how to do it here.
Step 2: Build your ironSource demo app
In this step you will use the ironSource demo app to test your adapter integration, using the app key you defined in step 1.
- Download ironSource demo app from here.
- Update the ironSource appkey, as the demo app you created in step 1.
Android (JAVA): change the APP_KEY value in the class DemoActivity.java
IOS (Objective C): change the APPKEY value in the class ViewController.m
- Integrate your network’s adapter into the demo app project. Make sure to define all your network dependencies.It should include all setup including Manifest, Plist and bundle requirements.
Step 3: Test your network configuration
Once completing your demo app integration, you can start your testing!
- Test your ads are being served using the demo app
- Verify your network performance metrics are represented accurately, using ironSource’s platform reports
Test your ads
- Run the demo app
- Click on the desired ad unit to load
- When relevant show indication turns active, click it to see the impression
- Check logs with ‘DemoActivity’ to see the callbacks from the mediation
Android logs example for interstitial:
Date/com.ironsource.ironsourcesdkdemo D/DemoActivity: onInterstitialAdReady Date/com.ironsource.ironsourcesdkdemo D/DemoActivity: onInterstitialAdOpened Date/com.ironsource.ironsourcesdk Date/com.ironsource.ironsourcesdkdemo D/DemoActivity: onInterstitialAdClosed
iOS logs example for interstitial:
Date/ IronSourceDemoApp[636:277457] -[ViewController interstitialDidLoad] Date/ IronSourceDemoApp[636:277457] -[ViewController interstitialDidOpen] Date/ IronSourceDemoApp[636:277457] -[ViewController interstitialDidShow] Date/ IronSourceDemoApp[636:277457] -[ViewController interstitialDidClose]
Test your network performance
- Log into the ironSource platform
- Go to Performance reports
- Change breakdown to “Break by Ad Source” to view the network’s performance