Digital Turbine Mediation Integration Guide
This guide instructs you step-by-step on how to set Digital Turbine live as an Ad Network on the Unity LevelPlay Mediation.
Step 1. Create an Digital Turbine Account
- Create an account with Digital Turbine. You can do so here.
- Once your account has been verified, you can log in to their partner login here.
Step 2. Create an Application and Ad Spot in Digital Turbine
To gain access to Digital Turbine inventory within ironSource platform, you must first add your app and set up Ad Spots in your Digital Turbine account.
- Add Your App
- Log into your Digital Turbine account, navigate to ‘Inventory’ ➣ ‘Manage Apps & Sites’. select ‘Add App Or Site’.
- Define the settings of your app.
- Create an Ad Spot
Once your application has been added, you can create an Ad Spot. In Digital Turbine system Ad Spots defines the Placement & Ad Unit to which Digital Turbine delivers ads.
- Select ‘+ New Ad Sopt’
- Create the Ad Spot settings:
- Ad Spot Name
- Select Ad Units: Make sure to chose a single Ad Unit to use in this Ad Spot
- Setup Ad Unit:
- Select between Display, Video or both
- Keep ‘Request Intervals’ Disabled
- Save Ad Unit
- Continue twice
- Select ‘+ New Ad Sopt’
Step 3. Activate Digital Turbine in the SDK Networks Setup Module
There are a few parameters from your Digital Turbine account which need to be inserted into your SDK Network Setup Module on the ironSource platform in order for Digital Turbine to work correctly in connection with ironSource SDK:
|This is a unique identifiers for your Digital Turbine account, which allows the ironSource Platform to import performance data from your Digital Turbine account to use in reporting & optimization.
|This is a unique identifier of your application in Digital Turbine system.
|This is the unique spot which Digital Turbine will deliver ads to.
Once you obtain this information, you must configure Digital Turbine Parameters in your ironSource Account. By adding the above information correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of Digital Turbine ad inventory and reporting data on the ironSource platform.
- Publisher ID, Consumer Key, Consumer Secret
Navigate to the ‘User Profile‘ page and you will locate them on the bottom part of the page under ‘Reporting API Keys’
- App ID, Placement ID
Navigate to ‘Inventory’ ➣ ‘Manage Apps & Sites’ ➣ Select the relevant application from the list ➣ Select ‘Integration Options’ from menu on the right.
Configure Digital Turbine Parameters into ironSource Account
- Once you have all of these parameters, log in to your ironSource account and go to ‘Monetize‘ ➣ ‘Mediation‘ ➣ ‘SDK Networks‘.
- Select Digital Turbine from the list of Available Ad Networks and enter the Digital Turbine ‘Publisher ID‘, ‘Consumer Key‘, ‘Consumer Secret‘. Click ‘Save‘.
- Digital Turbine will then be enabled in the Available Ad Networks table.
- Make sure to define the app on which you’d like to run Unity LevePlay with Digital Turbine. Go to the Digital Turbine row on the Setup list of Ad Networks and click on the ‘Setup‘ button.
- Insert the ‘App ID‘ on the application level, and ‘Placement ID‘ for the relevant Ad Units.
- Click ‘Save’.
- Activate requested Ad Units.
- Verify your integration with the Reporting API; this column will check your integration through the Reporting API and return three possible responses: Verified, Failed and No Response. Double check your integration and the information you entered above; then click ‘Retry‘ until you see ‘Verified’.
Step 4. Add the Digital Turbine Adapter to Your Build
Integrate Digital Turbine Adapter with Cocoapods
To integrate the Digital Turbine SDK with Cocoapods, enter the following line in your podfile and you’re good to go!
Download the Digital Turbine Adapter Manually
- Download the Digital Turbine Adapter and SDK:
Add the Digital Turbine Adapter and SDK to your build. You can find the latest Digital Turbine files here.
- Add the Digital Turbine frameworks to your Project:
After you download and unzip the adapter and SDK, drop the framework files into your Xcode Project.
- Open Target ➣ Build Settings ➣ Architectures and confirm that your Xcode Project uses Base SDK version 7.0 or greater and that it does not use armv6 architecture.
Step 5. Digital Turbine Additional Settings
Unity LevelPlay lets publishers communicate Digital Turbine User-level COPPA settings directly to the Digital Turbine network. This feature is enabled using ironSource SDK 7.3.0+, Digital Turbine iOS Adapter 4.3.30+.
Use the following syntax, to update COPPA with the parameter “YES”:
[IronSource setMetaDataWithKey:@"DT_COPPA" value:@"YES"];
Verify Your Ad-Network Integration
- Verify your ad network integration with our Integration Helper. The ironSource SDK provides a tool to ensure you’ve successfully integrated our SDK as well as any additional network adapters.
- Manage the debug logs for your integrated mediation ad networks with this boolean
When set to YES, this line of code will enable debug logs to help you troubleshoot issues with all of your mediation ad networks. Remove this code before your app goes live with our ad units!
You are now all set to deliver Digital Turbine Ads within your application!
To add additional mediation Ad networks, integrate the ironSource adapters and follow our integration guides.